“Why should I get married?” is a common question these days for good statistical reasons. You might think getting married is too risky compared to the common alternatives, like single parenting or cohabitation. But you probably don’t know about the risks that come with the alternatives. You also probably don’t know about the true benefits of a legitimate marriage.
Unfortunately the hazards and benefits are not well defined or promoted, respectively. They are certainly not found in pop magazines nor shown by movie stars and singers that are our so-called role models!
Too many people jump into marriage without a clear vision of why they are getting married, nor do they have any idea about how to be married. Marriages we see today are usually not that encouraging.
I want to set the record straight.
I would like to share reasons to get married that are both scientific and universally true. I am hoping to inspire you to dig deeper into understanding marriage, so your personal choices will help you create a life full of happiness and no regrets.
Remember, marriage is NOT for everyone. So first I will identify two basic and necessary criteria for marriage.
I don’t want to sell you on marriage. I only want to help you make a better choice for your life. So, unless you can honestly claim these traits, it is best that you hold off on marriage.
- You are mature enough to desire a life that is not “entertainment” based. Marriage is a deep relationship that does not remove the challenges of life. You face the challenges together, but they still come.
- You are capable of putting the needs of another ahead of your own desires. There is no such thing as a marriage that is all about you. Selfishness is a guarantee for failure.
Now that we’ve cleared the air, here are 6 great reasons to why you should get married:
- Have a deep connection with your soulmate.
- Learn how to love one person unconditionally.
- Have a lifetime connection that grows over time.
- Contribute to society by raising children properly.
- Experience and embrace personal growth.
- Feel joy all the time.
The reasons to get married, if you approach this scientifically without emotion, all trace back to some purpose. No matter what you do, there is always a reason for your action; marriage is no different.
The above reasons to get married stand out because all of them bring you individual happiness. This is the scientific way to look at marriage, and we think it’s the only way to look at why you should get married. Otherwise you will be making a decision that will impact the rest of your life, and without due consideration.
Lost to our society is the fact that marriage is a sacred and spiritual union, which allows and protects the expression of love. If people knew this fact, and understood it, the divorce rate would be very low. But if one does not study marriage, as a scientific endeavor, they will rarely discover the many benefits.